View this week’s Answers from the Board following last week’s hiatus. These address questions we received off the back of announcements made last week and the topic of registrations. View online as a PDF or you can read it all below.
The update from the grassroots group states that it will be October until competitive games will return at grassroots level, but the First Minister stated contact sports could resume in August. Can you please clarify?
The Scottish Government has provided the following detail in relation to the indicative date for the resumption of contact sports:
‘Contact sports (outdoors) – all ages- following the guidance of relevant sports bodies.’
The activities permitted from 24th August will come with boundaries, guidelines and protocols which must be followed, as was the case when 13th July was announced as the date on which children and young people could resume training.
The staged approach which was announced by the grassroots sub-group on Wednesday is being worked on in conjunction with the Scottish Government and SportScotland. Every decision made is in line with government guidance, and the timeline given in terms of the resumption of competitive matches in October is dependent on continued positive progress being made against the virus in Scotland.
The group is currently working on updated guidelines which will apply from the 24th August and hopes to provide a further update in the coming days. However, we would advise all members that they should not expect a return to matches, including friendlies, at this time.
How can we thank James Anderson and the Scottish Football Partnership Trust for the generous donation to youth football?
We’ve had lots of people asking how best to pass on their thanks so we’re more than happy to collate all the messages of thanks and pass them on to Mr Anderson and the Scottish Football Partnership Trust (SFP Trust). Just send them over to email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can also contact the SFP Trust using the email address on their website (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message them on Twitter @SFP_Football.
Following the announcement regarding Mr Anderson’s donation, can teams who have already paid for the upcoming 11 v 11 season apply for a refund?
As advised within the Chairman’s announcement, 11-a-side teams will have their membership covered for the 2021/2022 season. So it’ll be in next year’s affiliation window that 11-a-side teams get their membership free of charge.
Can you provide current guidelines on how teams should register players?
The Board made the decision to temporarily amend the registration process from 31st July 2020, until it safe to resume obtaining signatures as normal. The new process is as follows:
- Teams may add players to a registration form via SFA Live, provided they have the written consent from the player’s
parent/carer to do so
- Written consent can be provided via email, text message or any other electronic messaging from a verified account
- The parent/carer must provide consent along with confirmation that the child or young person would like to be
registered with the team
- Once the summary sheet has been printed, two officials must then sign the bottom section of the sheet, ensuring to
practice strict physical distancing at all times
- By signing the form, these officials are confirming that they have permissions to register the player (s) listed on the
- Registration forms must then be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- All emails must confirm that they have received written consent as described above from each player’s parent/carer
- SYFA will be conducting spot checks and may ask teams to provide copies of this written consent
- Officials should securely store registration forms in order to obtain signatures when it is safe to do so
- A clear line should be scored through the names of any players added in error
Your patience is appreciated at this time and we would ask allow 5 working days for forms to be processed. Any forms emailed to us prior today, 31st July, should be resubmitted. Please remember to use the new email address when sending in forms: firstname.lastname@example.org