The Club will be establishing new talent identification squads as part of our player pathway towards our professional Lowland League team. (Tier 5 of Scottish Football Pyramid).
BSC already has an Under 20s team playing in the SLFL Friday night development league under the governance of the SFA.
We will establish three new age groups as part of our player pathway. BSC Youth players and children from other Clubs will be selected to play in development games. These Players will still train and play with their own teams as before, this will not replace their regular football.
- The squads are to be drawn from across two age groups. i.e. for the U13s it will be U13s & U12s.
- The project will require us to secure new funding by way of sponsorship and grants so that it will not detract from the Club resources.
- Academy Team coaches will liaise with team coaches about players they want to invite along, and in turn the Club will contact parents for permission.
- Children will be invited to join these squads, but participation will be optional. We want parents and players to understand that the team that they train and play for is their priority commitment to the Club.
- BSC believes that the bonds Players have with their Coaches and teammates are of the greatest importance as they go through adolescents. One of the biggest criticisms of Pro Youth Academy’s is the detrimental effects of isolating from your peers and the stress on family life when all energy is focused on one child. Not withstanding the pressure on the Child being in an environment where failure is more often than not the outcome.
- Selection for the squads does not involve ‘signing’ for a new team and some players will play on occasion and others on a regular basis. We do not want this to become divisive so understanding that this is not a defining moment for any player is important. We should not get carried away.
- Currently the U20s train together twice a week. It is expected that the U17s will eventually be set up in the same way. (This is under consideration by the SLFL) We do not expect this to apply to younger players going forward for the reasons we have outlined.
The Pathway Academy will need Coaches and Support staff. This may be something that our existing Coaches and Helpers can become involved in. This will be helping to make our Club stronger and getting home grown talent into the First team is the objective.
Please contact our head Coaches or the Club directly if you have any questions