It didn’t exactly live up to the excitement of last week’s Scottish Cup tie but we secured a crucial three points at Shielfield Park as a single penalty decided our game against Berwick Rangers. Martin Grehan returned to the squad as Stephen Barr took the place between the sticks replacing Ryan Marshall and U20s keeper Ross Shaw made the step up to the first team squad.

I’m unsure if the game was just a bit dull or my expectations were too high after last weekend but either way, there wasn’t much in the first half. In only the 14th minute, Ciaren Chalmers was shown the red card after a controversial challenge on Thomas Collins putting the home side down to ten men.

Berwick keeper Mark Walters made a great stop after Thomas Orr attempted to take advantage of a deflected long ball from Robbie McNab. Jamie Hamilton was almost able to get a strike away a few minutes later but Berwick went for a counter attack which saw a penalty claim in the end but the ref looked the other way.

Just before the break, Stephen Barr made a fantastic save after Yaw Osei was able to slip behind the defence and get into a one-on-one.


Only four minutes into the second half, Thomas Orr was gifted a perfect opportunity – the forward got into the six-yard box with the chance of slipping the ball home but his powerful shot went over the bar.

In the 50th minute, Mark Walters took out Martin Grehan and gifted BSC Glasgow a penalty. Thomas Collins stepped up and converted finally breaking the deadlock.

The referee began to brandish the cards willy nilly and the game developed into a start-stop type of play. Ross McMillan made a game-saving tackle when Yaw Osei broke through the BSC defence once again.

The next big chance for Stephen Swift’s men came in the 72nd minute when Thomas Orr had another one-on-one with Mark Walters but his low strike went painfully wide of the right post.

It was ten v ten in the 80th minute after substitute Declan Hughes saw two consecutive yellows for his reactions to an off-the-ball incident after only being on the pitch for ten minutes.

In the final minutes of the game, it turned into tense stuff at Shielfield Park as Berwick Rangers were desperate for an equaliser. A good save in the 88th minute by Stephen Barr prevented that and BSC Glasgow went back to Scotland with a massive three points.



Date Time League Season
30th November 2019 3:00 pm Lowland League 2019/20


Berwick Rangers0
BSC Glasgow1

Berwick Rangers

Goals Assists Yellows Reds


Shielfield Park
6 Greenwood, Tweedmouth, Berwick-upon-Tweed TD15 2EB, UK