It was a day to forget at K-Park as the defending champions, East Kilbride picked apart a rusty BSC Glasgow side.

Jamie Hamilton returned to the starting eleven with a sunburnt Robbie McNab taking to the bench.

The opening few minutes couldn’t have gone worse for Stephen Swift’s men. Both Thomas Collins and Michael Anderson avoided injury following an awkward landing and a Craig Malcolm strike to the face respectively. To follow up these unfortunate events, a lovely ball forward found David Brownlie in the box and he was able to slot under Ryan Marshall and put the home side ahead.

Only two minutes later and Kilby got their second. Despite huge calls for offside, Sean Winter “stayed on” and nodded the ball high over Ryan Marshall finding the back of the net.

The awful winds continued to work in the home side’s favour in the first half. After the wind helped the ball to travel to Ruari Paton in the box, Ross Smith pulled Paton down in a panic and received a straight red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Craig Malcolm converted it despite Ryan Marshall jumping the correct way and getting fingertips to it.

Due to the red, BSC were forced to take off Jamie Hamilton and replace him with Shaun Bowers just so a solid back line could still survive. No comeback could be found by half-time and East Kilbride continued some great football to send us into the break a bit depressed to say the least.


Dave McKay started after the break taking the place of Jamie Mills and for about thirty seconds it looked as if maybe the break had helped BSC’s morale. However in the 49th minute, East Kilbride went four goals ahead. Sean Winter secured himself a brace after a strike that looked to be heading wide was guided by the wind over a jumping Ryan Marshall finding the top corner and marking an influential performance for East Kilbride’s mercurial winger.

The first proper chance for BSC didn’t come until the 54th minute. A Declan Hughes corner allowed Ross McMillan to go for a header but it went just wide. Just before Robbie McNab replaced Thomas Orr, it looked as if BSC might actually begin to play semi-decent football. Martin Grehan leaped up header our first shot on target but it went straight into McGinley’s arms.

The game fizzled out and the wind picked back up in the closing twenty minutes. A free-kick from Declan Hughes and an ambitious effort from Robbie McNab forced Matt McGinley into action and upped our shots on target number but it couldn’t lead to a consolation goal.

tl;dr: we were rubbish, they were pretty good, the wind was wild.



Date Time League Season
22nd February 2020 3:00 pm Lowland League 2019/20


East Kilbride4
BSC Glasgow0

East Kilbride

Goals Assists Yellows Reds


K Park