It’s not rounders, and it’s not softball. This is the real thing: Baseball! The existence of baseball in Scotland might be a surprise to most. However, our sessions for 5-15-year olds have shown there is certainly an appetite for it! So, welcome to the Wild West of Scottish sport, BSC Glasgow Youth Baseball! Here’s five reasons why kids should give it a try:
- It is accessible to kids of different sizes and skill: There’s no hiding in a rugby or a football match, but there is more so on the baseball field.
- It will be a good source of socialisation and integration for expat kids living in the city.
- It’s inclusive in gender, age, and has the capacity to include people with mental and physical disabilities. It is a chance to play team sport for kids and young people who don’t take to, or feel excluded by, traditional team sports.
- It teaches vital skills, such as motor mechanics like running, catching, and throwing. It will also exercise your mental ability: Baseball is a close relation to rounders, but Connect-4 isn’t Chess!
- Most importantly. It’s FUN!
Sessions for 5-15-year olds are currently happening at Victoria Park on Sunday’s at 9am. Starting from November we will be moving to indoor session for the winter. Contact us at email@example.com to find out more!
What makes BSC Netball unique? For one thing we train twice a week, whereas most clubs only train once. It’s no surprise then that since we started in 2004, we’ve won the Scottish cup 4 times as well as many other cups and leagues titles: with many of our players representing district and national squads. We’re always looking to bring more people in to our club. All levels are welcome, so if you’re between 6 and 19 years old, we’d love to hear from you!
And If you’re 18+, don’t worry. Our Recreational Class has got you covered. Billed as competitive and fun, it’s a very social group on the court, and on nights out! From members mothers to young professionals who miss the game, the Recreational Class is an eclectic and popular club for all!
If you’d like to get involved in BSC Netball then you can message us on twitter at www.twitter.com/BSC_Netball, call us on 07980818626, or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org