BSC Glasgow vs Kelty Hearts


BSC Glasgow vs Edinburgh University


BSC Glasgow vs Cumbernauld Colts

A welcome return to winning ways last night at the Indodrill Stadium as BSC Glasgow secured a 3-1 win over Cumbernauld Colts, shaking off last weekend’s 4-0 defeat to East Kilbride. Evan Galasso made his first start for the club; meanwhile Jordan Marshall and Robbie McNab were in the starting eleven replacing the suspended Ross Smith and the rested Michael Anderson.

Only three minutes in and it seemed safe to say the defeat last weekend was the kick that BSC needed to get back into the swing of things. Great control by Thomas Collins allowed him to quickly turn and go for a powerful half-volley – it was straight at Jonathan Grier between the sticks but he fumbled the catch and had to react quickly to gather the ball before Thomas Orr reached the rebound.

A good counter attack broke the deadlock in only the fifth minute and it wasn’t in BSC’s favour. Willie Mortimer got onto a decent cross and struck the ball perfectly on the volley, over Ryan Marshall into the top corner.

Unlike last weekend, the heads of Stephen Swift’s squad stayed up and they went searching for an immediate equaliser. It only took six minutes as a lovely long ball forward from Thomas Collins found Thomas Orr. Controlling it well and capitalising on a slip from the Colts defence, Orr slotted the ball under Grier to even the score.

In the 23rd minute, it seemed as if BSC had taken the lead but to the surprise of the home fans, the referee pulled play back for a foul only seconds before a cross evaded the Colts defence and allowed Jordan Marshall to head into an empty net. The goal was immediately chopped off.

An entertaining first half continued and it was only helped by a fantastic strike by Evan Galasso – from almost 30 yards out, Galasso put the power behind this one but it could only smash off the crossbar and go over.

Luck eventually came our way when Ross McMillan went down in the box under a heavy push from a Colts defender. A penalty was awarded but unfortunately, despite a good strike from Declan Hughes, Grier did well to dive the right way and put it away for a corner.

Colts went for another counter attack following the penalty miss – a stramash in the box led to Ryan Marshall being caught up in a sea of bodies while the cross came in. Colts managed to get a header that was heading over the line but it was Jordan Marshall who was there to clear it inches from going over and keep us in the game.

The crossbar once again was our enemy just before the break. Some liquid football allowed a free pass to an unmarked Thomas Orr who hit it first time and it smacked off the bar and was quickly cleared by Colts.


Lewis Bell replaced Ross McMillan after the break instigating a mix-up in formation. BSC really controlled the match in the first half hour of the second half. Good football between Thomas Orr and Thomas Collins created many opportunities but it was tough to break through the well organised Colts defence.

Galasso made way for Ross Lindsay shortly before Orr once again forced Grier into action. A good run up the channel from Jamie Mills picked out Thomas Orr who went for a strike just outside the box forcing the Colts keeper down low as the onrushing yellow shirts hoped for another fumble.

The goal finally came in the 78th minute thanks to an otherworldly strike from Declan Hughes (he assures us it was indeed a shot, not a cross). Ross Lindsay played a pass out to Hughes who hit it first time and the ball sailed over the entire Colts defence, went over Grier, hit the post and bounced over the line on the other side.

Despite the late goal, it didn’t mean BSC Glasgow could relax. Cameron Dickson’s superb tackle in the box prevented Jamie Hamilton from getting a close-range shot away which could’ve killed the game.

Frustration was clearly setting in for Colts when fouls came few and far between – a free-kick on the edge of the box by Ross Lindsay forced Grier to palm the ball away straight into the path of Thomas Collins, however, his quick strike went inches wide. Two minutes later, Ross Kavanagh wiped out Lewis Bell in the box following a beautiful pass forward from Lindsay. The referee awarded BSC the second penalty of the match. This time Thomas Collins sent Grier the wrong way and finally BSC Glasgow and the fans inside the Indodrill could breathe a sigh of relief.

In the dying embers, Marty Wright looked certain to grab Colts a consolation when he gained a one-on-one with Ryan Marshall but a great block cemented the two goal advantage.


MAN OF THE MATCH (in association with Laser Amore)


BSC Glasgow vs Hibernian


BSC Glasgow vs Berwick Rangers

It was a near-perfect fixture as BSC Glasgow came from 1-0 down to win by a three goal margin over Berwick Rangers. The only alteration from last week’s squad was the replacement of skipper Ross McMillan for Jordan Marshall while our new loan singing Evan Galasso from Partick Thistle starts on the bench.

Despite the opening being dominated by BSC, the thirteenth minute proved unlucky for the home side as Berwick’s Gary Windram smashed in a free kick from the edge of the box to put the visitors ahead early.

BSC attempted to get straight back into it playing some really good football – pinpoint passing from Michael Anderson and good corners from Declan Hughes unfortunately couldn’t lead to an equaliser. However, in the 26th minute our efforts were rewarded and it was that man in perfect form – Martin Grehan. A low pass from Thomas Orr found Grehan at the face of goal and he tapped home slipping the ball through Berwick keeper Sean Brennan.

A whole minute later and Jamie Hamilton joined the list of potential candidates for goal of the season. With all the time in the world, he was able to control it, position himself however he liked and strike home a spectacular shot from over 30 yards out.

By the half hour mark, only three minutes after Hamilton put us ahead for the first time in the match, Martin Grehan was there to make it 3-1 and grab himself a brace. Jamie McCormack floated in a lovely cross which found the head of Grehan at the back post. Despite Sean Brennan’s best efforts, he had no chance of keeping it out.

Just before half-time, one of the best chances for Berwick to get back in the game came and went as Calum Smith found himself a one-on-one with Ryan Marshall who got down quick and blocked it from only a few yards away.


With four goals in the first half, it was clear the second would struggle to live up to that level of entertainment. Neither team could properly cause issues in the others defence with the game becoming gradually scrappier. Stephen Swift’s side looked for a goal to kill the game off while the Black and Gold attempted to fight to keep the game alive.

In the 69th minute, that moment came for BSC as Thomas Orr was able to steal the ball off a Berwick defender on the edge of the box and stroll into the box from a tight angle striking the ball over Sean Brennan and making it 4-1. Dave McKay and Evan Galasso got some game time replacing Jamie Hamilton and Thomas Collins just after Collins forced Sean Brennan to make a brilliant save to keep it 4-1.

In his last game playing for Berwick Rangers, Ciaran Brian saw red after a two-footed tackle on Michael Anderson. Despite the arguments of the Berwick bench and heated discussions with captain Ross Smith, it seemed like the correct decision.




BSC Glasgow vs Bonnyrigg Rose

Heartbreak as BSC Glasgow fight back from two goals behind only for Bonnyrigg Rose to take three points in the dying embers of a hugely entertaining fixture. 

Similar to previous fixtures, the first half was nothing compared to the second. In the opening ten minutes, however, there was a heart in your mouth moment as Jamie McCormack attempted to throw the ball back to Ryan Marshall but it painfully skewed into the path of an onrushing Keiran McGachie – somehow, the ball went wide. 

The game really proved to be a tight affair in the opening half hour with neither side able to grasp onto any meaningful opportunities. A few consecutive Bonnyrigg crosses could come to nothing as Stephen Swift’s men showed their defensive talent. 

Just before the break, Thomas Orr made a tremendous run up the right flank beating multiple Rose defenders and taking the ball to the line. His low cross unfortunately couldn’t find a BSC shirt. 


As the second half commenced, Thomas Orr remained determined to break the deadlock and made a trademark run up the channel and into the box, unfortunately his low strike was blocked well by Rose keeper Mark Weir. 

In the 53rd minute, the big chance came – Ross McMillan clipped the heel of George Hunter in the box and the referee had no choice but to point to the spot. Lee Currie stepped up and smashed the ball into the left corner past Ryan Marshall to put the visitors 1-0 up. 

Immediately, there was yet another Bonnyrigg opportunity as McGachie found space in the box and got a strike away – Ryan Marshall did well to put it away for a corner. In an attempt to secure an equaliser, Martin Grehan and Dave McKay replaced Jamie Hamilton and Sam Denham. 

There was a huge chance as the game approached the closing twenty minutes – Thomas Orr fired in a great cross to find the head of Martin Grehan but his attempt went just wide of the far post. 

In the 75th minute, Bonnyrigg Rose doubled their lead. George Hunter took advantage of a defensive error by BSC and sliced the ball home. 

Just when the game seemed dead and buried, things really got interesting. BSC Glasgow were awarded a free kick on the edge of the box with seven minutes remaining – Declan Hughes stepped up and found the back of the net as his strike went through of sea of Bonnyrigg shirts and past Mark Weir. 

Only two minutes later and BSC were back on level terms. A corner found Jamie McCormack who thundered in a header and the comeback seemed complete – 2-2 with five minutes remaining and BSC in the ascendency. 

However, just as the BSC faithful believed that the win may be possible, Bonnyrigg’s Ewan Moyes emulated Jamie McCormack’s header from minutes earlier and found the back of the net from a corner causing uproar in the multiple Rose sections at the Indodrill. 

The three points went to Bonnyrigg Rose as BSC Glasgow suffers only their second defeat of the season despite a battling performance which gives us something to build on in the coming weeks. Sometimes it just isn’t your night. 

Cammy’s photos from the match are on our Facebook page now. Gaze upon them with a wistful sigh.




BSC Glasgow vs The Spartans

BSC Glasgow make it four out of four against Spartans across two seasons and let me tell you, it was just as tight as every other time we’ve played the Edinburgh side. Declan Hughes and Jordan Marshall began on the bench while Thomas Collins and Martin Grehan came back into the starting eleven.

Immediately out the gate, BSC Glasgow could’ve grabbed an early goal as a lovely ball through from Thomas Collins found Thomas Orr a one-on-one with Spartans keeper Blair Carswell but he got down low and blocked well.

It would be fair to say the first half was rather slow. 22 minutes in, some nice passing between the two Thomases allowed Martin Grehan to lay off an on-rushing Jamie Hamilton but his ambitious strike went well over. .


Only seven minutes into the first half, Thomas Collins slipped a ball through to Thomas Orr who found himself in front of Carswell but again the Spartans keeper got down well to block a powerful strike.

In the 56th minute, the deadlock was finally broken and half of the Indodrill let out a sigh of relief. Thomas Orr put in a pinpoint cross to find Thomas Collins who smashed his strike past Carswell to put BSC Glasgow 1-0 up.

There was almost another just a minute after the restart as Thomas Orr sprinted up the left channel, got past the Spartans defence and put a hard strike towards goal – Carswell was there to block yet again.

After a booking for Spartans’ Scott Maxwell, a Michael Anderson free kick found Jamie McCormack whose volley went just wide after taking a deflection off a defender.

In the 70th minute, a perfect pass from Martin Grehan found Thomas Orr in the box but his low strike just skewed left of the post. In the last fifteen minutes, frustration was definitely creeping in for the Spartans. Aaron Scott went up for a header Thomas Collins already won and elbowed the forward in the head, picking up a booking in the process. Fortunately, Collins was back on his feet a few minutes later.

The closing ten minutes had the BSC faithful holding their breath as the Edinburgh side done everything they could to find the all important equaliser. A fantastic ball into the box looked destined to find an unmarked Blair Atkinson but Ross McMillan’s game saving header cleared it for a corner. Luckily, that corner came to nothing.


MAN OF THE MATCH (in association with Laser Amore) | MICHAEL ANDERSON


BSC Glasgow vs Gala Fairydean Rovers

Despite the final score, this wasn’t a game for sports entertainment purists but nonetheless, it’s a crucial three points ahead of a tough festive fixture list. Ryan and Jordan Marshall returned to the squad, meanwhile Martin Grehan began on the bench.

The opening goal could’ve come a lot earlier than it did as a sweet volley from Thomas Collins forced Fraser Morton to palm away. The next twenty minutes all but trickled past with very little from either side. It was only in the 24th minute that Thomas Orr was able to beat the offside trap after a great ball forward from Michael Anderson and hit a lovely low strike past Morton to break the deadlock.

Only a few minutes later, Gala’s Tommy Patterson went down under a bad injury and was Neil Hastings’ men were forced to use their only substitute early on.

Just before the break, Jamie Mills received a nice ball from Thomas Collins but his header went painfully wide.


The game began to pick up after the break and BSC really found their stride. Only five minutes into the second half, Robbie McNab done tremendous to dribble past half of the Gala defence and get a low strike away. Fraser Morton saved well but Thomas Orr was there to grab the rebound and secure a brace.

Only a single minute later, BSC Glasgow found their third – Michael Anderson floated a perfect ball to Thomas Collins who was able to control it well and slip it past Morton.

In one of the quieter periods of the first half, Martin Grehan, Ross Lindsay and Dave McKay all made their way onto the pitch replacing Lewis Bell, Jamie Mills and Robbie McNab.

Some liquid football closed the final moments of the game – Michael Anderson and Jamie Hamilton played some beautiful passes which eventually found Thomas Collins but his strike went just over. Just before the referee blew the whistle, Thomas Orr decided he wanted a hattrick and was able to get onto a low cross from Jamie McCormack, to turn in a gorgeous finish at the death.



BSC Glasgow vs Civil Service Strollers

A crucial win at the Indodrill with BSC Glasgow putting four past Civil Service Strollers who were hot on their heels in the Lowland League table. Ross McMillan, Jamie Hamilton, Thomas Orr and Jamie McCormack all returned to the starting eleven and put in some shift to secure a huge victory.

Only six minutes in, BSC were awarded a penalty – Thomas Orr squared the ball for Thomas Collins who edged into the six-yard box just ahead of Strollers keeper Josh Donaldson and was pulled down. Declan Hughes stepped up to the spot but Donaldson guessed correctly, however Robbie McNab who was there to smash home the rebound. 

It only took five minutes before Thomas Collins was down in the box again and the referee immediately pointed to the spot for a second time. After having been pulled down by Andy Mair, it was clear the entire Civil squad didn’t agree with the decision, and looking back it’s easy to see why.

The reactions that followed saw Alieu Faye and John Dunn receive yellow cards as well as one of the Edinburgh sides’ coaches see red and forced to watch the remainder of the game from the stands. Declan Hughes went to the spot again and this time found the back of the net slicing it into the bottom right corner. 

The confidence was clearly high after the early goals as BSC played some liquid football – Jamie McCormack ruined a Civil defender by chipping it cleanly over him and almost picking out Thomas Collins in the box for a tap-in. Afterwards, some beautiful footwork allowed Declan Hughes to skip through four players and lay it off for Collins but his shot was straight at Josh Donaldson. 

It was nearly  a comfortable 3-0 in only the 20th minute – after a corner, the ball fell to Michael Anderson to head it cleanly into the path of Thomas Orr whose resulting header was cleared off the line by Craig Newall. 

The Edinburgh side could’ve pulled one back through a defensive error between Jamie McCormack and Ryan Marshall. McCormack’s header back to Marshall was wrongly timed as Marshall was nowhere near. McCormack did well though to get ahead of the onrushing Civil striker and clear the ball before it could find the back of the net. 

Ryan Marshall made a tremendous save after a sweet low strike from Cammy Muirhead. John Dunn was there to immediately take a shot at the rebound but somehow his attempt at the open goal went well over. 

The third goal eventually came just before the break – Thomas Orr took advantage of… an advantage after Jamie Hamilton was wiped out. Orr was able to get a one-on-one with Donaldson and slip the ball under the keeper. 


The second half had a tough time matching up with the entertainment of the first as the game fizzled out rather quickly. 

In the 53rd minute, Gary Jardine’s men pulled one back as Andy Mair took advantage of a defensive mix-up and put the ball beyond Ryan Marshall. 

Not to worry though as BSC’s fourth was secured seven minutes later. A set-piece right off the training ground as Declan Hughes picked out Thomas Collins who hit it first time and found the back of the net. 

Just before the full-time whistle, Strollers could’ve had a second goal in a controversial way – John Dunn had pulled up just outside the box and was about to capitalise on a pass back to Ryan Marshall from Ross McMillan but he wasn’t quick enough and passed to the only other Strollers shirt who was in a very clear offside position. 





BSC Glasgow vs Gretna 2008

BSC Glasgow secured a three-goal margin over Gretna 2008 to claim all three points in the Lowland League. The only change to that progressed in the Scottish Cup last weekend was Tom Orr coming in for Martin Grehan.

The opening goals came quickly with both sides finding the back of the net in the opening ten minutes – skipper Ross McMillan got on to the end of a corner from Declan Hughes knocking the ball home with his thigh, then only three minutes later Kevin Connelly was able to convert a Gretna free kick.

Aaron Taylor brought down Tom Orr in the box in the 26th minute giving the home side a penalty. Unfortunately Orr’s weak attempt was saved well by Taylor allowing Gretna to continue to play for a draw. The remainder of the first half fizzled as frustration set in for Gretna who struggled to get an opportunity on goal and BSC laboured in breaking down the committed Gretna defence.


Following the break, it was Gretna seemed content to sit behind the ball and fight for the point but BSC were adamant they would take all three points.

In the 54th minute, McMillan was there yet again. Another corner from Dec Hughes found the head of the skipper who towered over Jackson at the back post to take the lead once more. Five minutes later, Thomas Collins made it three. Some lovely footwork from Michael Anderson led to Jamie Mills out on the wing who was able to pick out Thomas Collins who hit a sweet low strike into the bottom right corner.

It only took yet another five minutes for the goal margin to increase – Dave McKay got the better of Unpha Koroma for the umpteenth time and got the ball to Jamie Hamilton whose low drive smashed into the corner.

The goals could’ve kept coming for BSC as the football just got better. Some immense passing between Robbie McNab, Jordan Northcott and Jamie Hamilton almost led to a fifth but Thomas Collins couldn’t get there to cement a brace.

In the closing stages, a nice ball forward found Tom Orr in the box who attempted to lob Aaron Taylor but the Gretna keeper was able to punch it over.


Man of the Match (in association with Laser Amore)
Jamie Mills